Friday 21 June 2013

In Need of Filling: Song of the desert


Dear ones, I am aching. I'm desperately sick and tired; lost in what seems like a perpetual longing. And I am fainting. I've forgotten the taste of water. This wasteland i'm in sucks up the slightest trace of water before it finds way through the spaces in me.

I've been walking for miles on end, parched and thirsty and crawling on days when the heat is unbearable. Each day is hot. Each day is unbearable. I'm weak from dragging my withered flesh over sand dunes. It's getting harder to breathe. Still I push on.

Didn't He promise to lift me up and never leave me thirsty whenever i'm weak, lost and searching?





Isaiah 41:18

"I will open rivers on the bare heights, and fountains in the midst of the valleys; I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water."


Be strong heart of mine. Don't give up. Be strong heart of mine. Don't give up. Be strong heart of mine. Don't give up.

Seek Him.

My masks have wasted away. My face is lined with desperation. Words fail me. Food leaves me hollow than before. I am cavernous and panting. Nothing else will do.

But didn't He promise?


Isaiah 43:19

"Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth; do you not perceive and know it and will you not give heed to it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."


I'm thirsty and I need filling.

Because the ocean is a desert that drowned. And this wasteland i'm in is in desperate need for water.

1 comment:

  1. "because the ocean is a desert that drowned."

    hey, though I'm not a Christian, I like your blog contents, really cheers me up, thanks. by the way, you left a comment on my blog, that's why I checked your blog. Nice to know you! :)

    chocointreau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...